- This event has passed.
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #4
November 3, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CDTFree
Facilitated by: Erich Kurschat
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #4 has just been scheduled!
With 95 members, 3 Meetups in the books, and tons of buzz around what we’re doing, it’s an exciting time to be a part of Chicago’s leading HR mastermind!
C+R Research, conveniently located on North Michigan Avenue, will be our host once again.
Please Note: 1) Participation may be limited. 2) Confirmed participants will be required to show ID at the security desk upon entering the building. 3) You must submit your challenge to Erich prior to the Meetup to be considered for an available hot seat. 4) The facilitator may solicit the input of attendees who have yet to contribute to the evening’s discussion.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Each attendee will give a brief introduction to the entire group.
2. Depending on number of attendees, we will either remain in one single group or divide into smaller groups.
3. Select attendees will be identified to sit in the “hot seat” during the Meetup. Each hot seat participant will present a concise HR-related challenge and solicit solutions, ideas, resources, and connections from the group. Thirty minutes will be allotted for each hot seat discussion.*
4. Remaining time may be spent networking or talking further about the presented challenges.
* If you would like to participate in a hot seat, please submit your challenge to Erich via this group in advance of the scheduled Meetup for consideration.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
2. Rehearse a concise introduction that lets others know who you are and what you do.
3. To be considered for a hot seat, please prepare a challenge, setback, or obstacle that can be articulated quickly, allowing as much time as possible for group feedback. Be sure to submit the challenge to Erich for consideration!
4. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges. The facilitator may call on attendees who have not yet contributed the discussion.
5. Bring enough business cards to share with fellow attendees.
BONUS… Invite fellow HR professionals to register for the Chicago HR Mastermind and attend the upcoming Meetup. Diversity of attendee background, experience, expertise, and perspective makes for the best possible mastermind conversation!
ONE FINAL REQUEST:
If you RSVP for a Meetup and later become unable to attend for any reason, please let us know ASAP via this Meetup group so that we may adjust our plans accordingly. Thank you!