Holiday Networking: Practice Makes Perfect!
December 1 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am CSTFree
NOTE: FREE admission; must be current Chicago SHRM transition member to attend (closed to public and non-transition Chicago SHRM members)
All attendees will receive a discount code for Chicago SHRM’s December 7th Holiday Networking Party!
8:30 – 8:45 am – Registration & Networking
8:45 – 9:00 am – Announcements
9:00 – 11:00 am – Workshop & Networking
Back by popular demand, the Chicago SHRM Transition Committee is here to help you polish your networking skills just in time for your next holiday party.
Whether you’re looking to find a new job, connect with like-minded HR professionals, or simply expand your circles of influence, you need to be intentional about building your network. Too often, people approach networking as a necessary evil, rather than as the enjoyable, fruitful experience it truly can be. This session will uncover how introverts and extroverts alike can benefit from a fresh perspective… and put newfound strategies to immediate use this holiday season!
Benefits of Attending:
- Participants will learn the building blocks of effective networking
- Participants will identify the potential strengths and limitations of their personality style
- Participants will create a basic value statement / elevator pitch
- Participants will hear from a self-proclaimed introvert, who has made networking work for him
- Participants will leave with specific strategies for starting/ending casual conversations and building genuine rapport
Erich Kurschat (www.linkedin.com/in/