- This event has passed.
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #7 (downtown chapter)
February 27, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CSTFree
Facilitated by: Erich Kurschat
Hosted by: HUB International
Meetup #7 of the Chicago HR Mastermind downtown chapter has just been scheduled!
A record 34 HR pros convened at HUB International for Meetup #6 in January! It’s clear that we’re onto something here.
Let’s keep the momentum going by coming together once again for another memorable evening of networking, problem solving, and actionable conversation.
Spread the word! Let others know that you’re attending by posting the following to social media…
Just RSVP’d to join @HarmonyInsights & @HUBInsurance for Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #7. Check it out! #HRHotSeat http://bit.ly/HRHotSeat
I can’t wait to brainstorm with you on February 27.
P.S. The new Western suburbs chapter will be hosting its first Meetup on February 15 at the Downers Grove Public Library!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Each attendee will give a brief introduction to the entire group.
2. The facilitator will introduce attendees to the history, format, and purpose of the Chicago HR Mastermind.
3. We will divide into groups of no more than approximately 8 people.
4. Select attendees who submit a real-life, HR-related “hot seat challenge” in advance of the Meetup will be invited to present their challenges to their respective groups. Each group will then brainstorm questions, solutions, ideas, resources, and connections to help solve the presented challenges.
Approximately 20-30 minutes will be allotted for each hot seat discussion.
NOTE: The Hot Seat Criteria have been revised based on recent member feedback! Please take a moment to review them, and message Erich Kurschat via this group page in advance of the upcoming Meetup if you would like to propose your own hot seat challenge.
5. All attendees will reconvene for a brief recap of hot seat challenges presented and closing thoughts from the facilitator.
Note: Remaining time may be spent networking or talking further about the presented challenges.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Always bring photo ID with you to Chicago HR Mastermind Meetups, in case required by building security.
2. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
3. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges. As any mastermind group thrives on the engaged participation of its members, the facilitator may solicit the input of attendees who have yet to contribute to the evening’s discussion.
4. Bring enough business cards to share with fellow attendees.
5. Invite fellow HR professionals to register for the Chicago HR Mastermind and attend the upcoming Meetup with you! Diversity of attendee background, experience, expertise, and perspective makes for the best possible mastermind conversation.
ONE FINAL REQUEST:
If you RSVP for a Meetup and later become unable to attend for any reason, please let us know ASAP via this Meetup group (either by changing your RSVP or leaving a comment) so that we may adjust our plans accordingly.