- This event has passed.
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #6 (downtown chapter)
January 26, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CSTFree
Facilitated by: Erich Kurschat
Meetup #6 of the Chicago HR Mastermind downtown chapter has just been scheduled!
We’re up to 142 members, 25 of whom braved the cold and postponed holiday prep to attend Meetup #5 on Dec. 13 with our new host, HUB International.
Let’s keep the momentum going by coming together once again for another memorable evening of networking, problem solving, and actionable conversation.
Up for a challenge? Take the next 3 minutes to invite 3 HR pros in your personal/professional circles to register for the group and see what the buzz is all about!
Happy holidays, and I’ll look forward to seeing you at the next Meetup of the Chicago HR Mastermind downtown chapter.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out the new Western suburbs chapter, which will be scheduling its very first Meetup soon!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Each attendee will give a brief introduction to the entire group.
2. The facilitator will introduce attendees to the history, format, and purpose of the Chicago HR Mastermind.
3. We will divide into groups of no more than approximately 8 people.
4. Select attendees will be identified to sit in the “hot seat” during the Meetup. Each hot seat participant will present a real-life HR-related challenge and solicit solutions, ideas, resources, and connections from the group. Thirty minutes will be allotted for each hot seat discussion.
Hot seat challenges must be submitted for consideration in advance of a given Meetup. If you would like to propose your own hot seat challenge for the upcoming Meetup, please message Erich Kurschat via this Meetup group. Please see the Hot Seat Criteria discussion topic for additional information.
5. All attendees will reconvene for a brief recap of hot seat challenges presented and closing thoughts from the facilitator.
Note: Remaining time may be spent networking or talking further about the presented challenges.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Always bring photo ID with you to Chicago HR Mastermind Meetups, in case required by building security.
2. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
3. Rehearse a concise introduction that lets others know who you are and the impact you currently make on the world of human resources.
4. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges. As any mastermind group thrives on the engaged participation of its members, the facilitator may solicit the input of attendees who have yet to contribute to the evening’s discussion.
5. Bring enough business cards to share with fellow attendees.
BONUS… Invite fellow HR professionals to register for the Chicago HR Mastermind and attend the upcoming Meetup with you! Diversity of attendee background, experience, expertise, and perspective makes for the best possible mastermind conversation.
ONE FINAL REQUEST:
If you RSVP for a Meetup and later become unable to attend for any reason, please let us know ASAP via this Meetup group so that we may adjust our plans accordingly.