- This event has passed.
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #5
December 13, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CSTFree
Facilitated by: Erich Kurschat
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #5 has just been scheduled!
We’re up to 124 members, an impressive 23 of whom were in attendance for Meetup #4… and it’s clear that those numbers will continue to grow as word of our innovative conversation spreads.
In order to accommodate greater numbers, we will be transitioning hosts from C+R Research to HUB International at 55 E. Jackson.
Please join me in thanking Margot Benish for making us feel so welcome in the C+R Research offices for the past 3 Meetups, as well as Liz Yarger for volunteering space at HUB Internationalgoing forward!
Please Note: Always bring photo ID with you to Chicago HR Mastermind Meetups, in case required by building security.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Each attendee will give a brief introduction to the entire group.
2. The facilitator will introduce attendees to the history, format, and purpose of the Chicago HR Mastermind.
3. We will divide into groups of no more than approximately 8 people.
4. Select attendees be identified to sit in the “hot seat” during the Meetup. Each hot seat participant will present a real-life HR-related challenge and solicit solutions, ideas, resources, and connections from the group. Thirty minutes will be allotted for each hot seat discussion. Hot seat challenges must be submitted for consideration in advance of a given Meetup. If you would like to propose your own hot seat challenge for the upcoming Meetup, please message Erich Kurschat via this Meetup group. Please see the Hot Seat Criteria discussion topic for additional information.
5. Remaining time may be spent networking or talking further about the presented challenges.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
2. Rehearse a concise introduction that lets others know who you are and what you do.
3. Refer to the Hot Seat Criteria posted in this group’s Discussion section for additional information regarding hot seat expectations.
4. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges. As any mastermind group thrives on the engaged participation of its members, the facilitator may solicit the input of attendees who have yet to contribute to the evening’s discussion.
5. Bring enough business cards to share with fellow attendees.
BONUS… Invite fellow HR professionals to register for the Chicago HR Mastermind and attend the upcoming Meetup. Diversity of attendee background, experience, expertise, and perspective makes for the best possible mastermind conversation!
ONE FINAL REQUEST:
If you RSVP for a Meetup and later become unable to attend for any reason, please let us know ASAP via this Meetup group so that we may adjust our plans accordingly.
Thank you for reading, and I’ll look forward to seeing you at the next Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup!