- This event has passed.
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #3
October 11, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CDTFree
Facilitated by: Erich Kurschat
The Chicago HR Mastermind is gaining traction, and a third Meetup is now on the calendar!
C+R Research, conveniently located on North Michigan Avenue, will be our host once again.
Please Note: Participation may be limited. Confirmed participants will be required to show ID at the security desk upon entering the building.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Each attendee will give a brief introduction to the entire group.
2. Depending on number of attendees, we will either remain in one single group or divide into smaller groups.
3. Select attendees will be identified to sit in the “hot seat” during the Meetup. Each hot seat participant will present a concise HR-related challenge and solicit solutions, ideas, resources, and connections from the group. Thirty minutes will be allotted for each hot seat discussion.*
4. Remaining time may be spent networking or talking further about the presented challenges.
* For this particular Meetup, challenges may be general in nature. Challenges presented at future Chicago HR Mastermind Meetups may be required to coincide with themed topics announced in advance.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
2. Rehearse a concise introduction that lets others know who you are and what you do.
3. Prepare a challenge, setback, or obstacle that can be articulated quickly, allowing as much time as possible for group feedback.
4. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges.
5. Bring enough business cards to share with fellow attendees.
BONUS… Invite fellow HR professionals to register for the Chicago HR Mastermind and attend the upcoming Meetup. Diversity of attendee background, experience, expertise, and perspective makes for the best possible mastermind conversation!
ONE FINAL REQUEST:
If you RSVP for a Meetup and later become unable to attend for any reason, please let us know ASAP via this Meetup group so that we may adjust our plans accordingly. Thank you!