- This event has passed.
Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup #25 (downtown chapter)
August 29 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CDTFree
Facilitated by: Erich Kurschat, Harmony Insights
Presented by: Harmony Insights
Host Sponsored by: Robert Morris University
RSVP today for Meetup #25 of the Chicago HR Mastermind downtown chapter, hosted this month by Robert Morris University!
This program is valid for 1.0 PDC toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.
Sponsorship opportunities (http://HRHotSeat.com/sponsorship) are available to companies wishing to support this and other events.
I can’t wait to welcome you for another memorable evening of networking, problem solving, and actionable conversation.
Your RSVP puts several wheels into motion, including space, materials, snacks, and even waitlists. Event “no shows” come at a financial cost to Meetup organizers and sometimes prevent others from attending in your place.
We understand that plans change! If you become unable to attend for any reason, please let us know ASAP by changing your RSVP, leaving a comment, or contacting me directly.
The entire Mastermind community will appreciate your effort.
SPREAD THE WORD
Let others know that you’re attending by posting the following to social media…
LinkedIn: Just RSVP’d to join Erich Kurschat (Harmony Insights) & other Chicago #HR Mastermind pros at Robert Morris University on 8/29! #HRHotSeat HRHotSeat.com
Twitter: Just RSVP’d to join @HarmonyInsights & other Chicago #HR Mastermind pros at @RobertMorrisU on 8/29! #HRHotSeat HRHotSeat.com
Facebook: Just RSVP’d to join @HarmonyInsights & other Chicago #HR Mastermind pros at @RMUIllinois on 8/29! #HRHotSeat HRHotSeat.com
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. The facilitator will introduce all attendees to the history, format, and current sponsors of the Chicago HR Mastermind.
2. We will divide into smaller groups.
3. Select attendees will be invited to describe real-life, HR-related “hot seat challenges” that they currently face. Each group will then brainstorm questions, solutions, ideas, resources, and connections to help solve the presented challenges.
NOTE: Hot seat challenges must be submitted/approved in advance of the upcoming Meetup. Please take a moment to review the Hot Seat Criteria (http://HRHotSeat.com/criteria) and include your challenge with your RSVP (or message Erich Kurschat via this group page) if you would like to benefit from the hot seat!
4. All attendees will reconvene for a brief recap of hot seat challenges presented and closing thoughts from the facilitator.
Remaining time may be spent networking or talking further about the presented challenges.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
1. Always bring photo ID with you (matching your full first and last name as displayed in your Meetup.com profile) to Chicago HR Mastermind Meetups, in case required by building security.
2. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
3. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges.
4. Bring enough business cards to share with fellow attendees.
5. Invite fellow HR professionals to register for the Chicago HR Mastermind and attend the upcoming Meetup with you! Diversity of attendee background, experience, expertise, and perspective makes for the best possible mastermind conversation.
NOTE: All guests are asked to register and RSVP in advance so that building security may anticipate their arrival.
** If you attend this upcoming Chicago HR Mastermind Meetup, you understand that your photograph may be taken. By submitting your RSVP and/or attending, you agree to allow the Meetup Organizer the right to use images of you, or your likeness, in future Chicago HR Mastermind promotional materials. **